Mauka Lawn Venue Details
The Mauka Lawn is a large, flat, grassy, and private space directly below the Pupukea-Pamalu conservation land and Waihuena gulch.
Dimensions:/Capacity: 175ʻ x 85ʻ (rough estimate).
Amenities: Accessible parking, composting toilets, outdoor sink and running water.
Services: Outdoor Wedding Ceremony and Reception, Baby Luaus, Family Reunions, Corporate Retreats, Wellness/Enviro Workshops
Rental Fees: From $2,500 to $3,000
- Up to 300 guests
- 12 hours of event time (including setup and cleanup and depends on the number in your party and services requested). Additional hours may be purchased at a rate of $300/hour. Monday through Thursday, the venue offers a 10% discount off of the rental fee. A non-refundable security deposit of $500 is required.
Start and End Times: Flexible set up start time. Check-ins range depending on day. In most cases, all music must be off by 11:00pm. Events must end by midnight.
Catering: BYO *Please inquire for a list of local green catering businesses we work with regularly and about sourcing from our onsite organic garden.
Venue Features Included:
- Pole tent (12' x 12' - no walls)
- Tables and chairs for up to 75 guests
- Venue setup and clean up (including composting/recycling/rubbish and composting toilets)
- Onsite manager for event time
- Pre-wedding grounds beautification
- No kitchen - limited to basic cold water washing station
The following amenities may be available for an additional fee:
- Tent for 75 guests (with side walls)
- Tables/chairs/chinaware and flatware/linens for 75 guests
- Gas generator
- Sound system, projector, and wall screen
- Tiki Hut and bar services
- Tiki torches and outdoor lighting (including large string lights and solar lighting for entrances/lua and pathways)
- Overnight accommodations (depends on our availability- start by checking out our accommodations on our website).
- Flora design (including entrance and table flowers and/or lei)
Special Restrictions to consider:
- Ceremony site does not have electricity (off-grid)
- General liability insurance required for parties over 50 people
- Compost toilets can be provided through the venue but must be pre-planned for parties over 50 people. Porta-potties can be rented locally.
- Amplified music is okay but music must end by 11pm
- Approved outside caterer allowed, although sourcing from our organic garden is strongly encouraged
- We must approve all decorations
- No rice, birdseed, confetti, etc.
- Alcohol must be served by licensed bartender/caterer (may be flexible for certain events)
- Smoking only in the designated area
- No open fires at any time